Basic Proficiency with
- C++, Node.js, Django, AWS, CoffeeScript, WordPress, Regular Expressions, the Facebook API, Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Soldering, and Max/MSP.
- Scala, Scalding, Hadoop, and Android Devkit.
October 2015 - Present
Software Engineer, Self Employed.
February 2016 - Present
- Worked with a small team of engineers to rebuild the internal website for an insurance company.
- Built a Rails API for managing insurance application data.
- Used React and Redux to build a single page web app for managing and displaying insurance information.
- Engineered complex user flows for both the business and customer perspectives.
Software Engineer, Etsy Inc.
October 2013 - October 2015
- Worked on a new system for capturing, storing, and displaying tracking updates for International Shipping.
- Ran large database migrations to asynchronously fix and reformat our shipping data.
- Rebuilt the server-side logic for managing shipping preferences in preparation for Etsy's shipping calculator.
- Built the front-end of shipping and shop management pages using Marionette.js.
- Wrote hadoop jobs to analyze the effectiveness of Etsy's shipping notification emails.
Web Developer, LoveGov Inc
June 2012 - September 2012
- Worked closely with two other developers, two designers, and one CEO to create lovegov.com.
- Parsed and Analyzed large amounts of legislative data from XML files using Django.
Sound Designer and Recording Engineer, Self Employed
February 2011 - May 2013
- Tracked and mixed recordings of songs from the show New Weird America
- Played in, Recorded, and Mixed Eric Axelman's album To Be Honest.
- Produced and engineered a ten song studio album for the Brown/RISD a cappella group Harmonic Motion.
- Designed and produced commercial sound and music for A Better World by Design.
- Created the soundtrack and sound effects for the arcade-style game Virion.
Media and Music Technology Coordinator, Brown University
November 2011 - May 2013
- Shot, managed, and edited Brown University music department performance videos in Final Cut.
- Maintained music department studio microphones and professional audio equipment.
- Worked as sound and lighting technician for music department shows and events.
Web Development Intern, Reper
June 2011 - September 2011
- Worked extensively in Python with Django frameworks at reper.com.
Recording Intern, Q-Division Studios
May 2011 - September 2011
- Recorded and edited audio in Pro Tools.
- Managed and cared for studio microphones and other audio equipment.
Recording Intern, Wellspring Sound
May 2010 - September 2010
- Made preliminary mixes for clients with ProTools and RADAR.
- Managed and cared for studio microphones, instruments, and other audio equipment.
- Fixed broken audio equipment and sent broken equipment to repair shops.
Brown University, Providence RI
Undergraduate Class of 2013
- Received a dual Bachelors Degree in Computer Science and Electronic Music
- Relevent Courses: Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Introduction to Computer Graphics, Multiprocessor Synchronization, Computational Photography, Computational Linguistics
- GPA: 3.82/4.0
Concord Academy, Concord MA
Class of 2009
- Relevent Courses: AP Computer Science, Advanced Music Theory, Recording Technology
- Head of Jazz and Rock and Roll Clubs.
- Regulalry practices mindfulness.
- Recorded and released the 15-track album For Beats\' Sake under the artist name Lazy Rabbit (Jan 3rd, 2013)
- Played guitar on Clyde Lawrence's album Homesick
- Played bass with the band Moniker.
- Taught guitar to students of all ages for two years.
- Studied guitar for eight years under teacher Jesse Williams.
- Played for Brown University’s secondary team, Polyester Funkadelic, for four years.
- Attended the National Ultimate Training Camp for four summers.
- Played frisbee on the club team for all four years of high school.
- Played Intramural Outdoor and Indoor Soccer for four years and Brown University.
- Played Varsity Soccer in high school.